The IT Security & Infrastructure Manager is responsible for information security policy development and maintenance; design of security policy education, training, and awareness activities; monitoring compliance with IT security policy and applicable law; and coordinating investigation and reporting of security incidents.
Monitor, assess, and fine-tune the IT security policy, procedure and IT business continuity and disaster recovery program, perform network penetration tests, application vulnerability assessment scans and risk assessment reviews.
- Monitor and advise on information security issues related to the systems and workflow to ensure the internal security controls for the campus are appropriate and operating as intended.
- Coordinate and execute IT security projects
- Coordinate response to information security incidents.
- Develop and publish Information Security policies, procedures, standards and guidelines based on knowledge of best practices and compliance requirements.
- Conduct company-wide data classification assessment and security audits and manage remediation plans.
- Collaborate with other departments to manage security vulnerabilities.
- Create, manage and maintain user security awareness.
- Conduct security research in keeping abreast of latest security issues.
- Prepares IT Security documentation, including department policies and procedures, Web content, and IT Security alerts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Responsibilities: IT infrastructure
- Manage overall operations of the IT team in providing system administration, help desk, technical support, messaging, security, backup, and communications.
- Management of the implementation of new IT projects
- Identify and implement improvements to the IT infrastructure and operations.
- Participate in the development, revision and implementation of IT policies, guidelines, standards, and procedures.
- Manage a team of engineers and desktop support staff. Monitor IT systems for availability and performance standards.
- Report to management the state of the IT infrastructure and operations, including system outages, staff issues/problems, hardware failures, etc.
- Ensure IT Governance and good IT Management in accordance to Company Policies and Procedures.
- Manage the IT audit by internal and external part
- Build up a change management strategy by developing a set of actionable and targeted change management plans
- Play the primary role to ensure change initiatives are able to meet business, operations and budget objectives
- Apply a structured change management methodology and identify potential risk (4M) and anticipated points of resistance in people developments.
- Develop plans and corrective actions to mitigate and minimize areas of concerns and resistance in retaining skills and talent.
- Work closely with project and sales teams to incorporate the change management activities into the overall project plan and identify appropriate areas to improve by suggesting suitable tools and processes
- Design, review, implement and document IT infrastructure which include network layer, OS, middle ware (e.g., application server, database server, etc), system monitoring (availability, performance, security, etc.), system visualization, etc.
A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline related to Information Technology (specifically, Computer Science & Network Security)
Experience: At least 5 years relevant experience.